Automatic Fire Alarm Association (AFAA)
To be the foremost industry advocate organization dedicated to improving the quality, reliability and value of fire and life safety systems.
The AFAA mission is accomplished by focusing activity:
- Develop and deliver training and educational programs
- Promote fire code compliant installations
- Advocate thorough and proper inspection and tests
- Working with legislative bodies in development of ordinances
- Promote automatic fire detection in balanced fire protection
- Support competency for designers and technicians
- Increase public awareness of fire and life safety systems
- Advancing the cause of automatic fire alarm system reliability
- Gaining respect will all involved with codes and standards
- Enhancing the fire alarm industry through educational programs
- Protecting the fire alarm industry from erosion
- Working with (NEMA, SFPE, CCFS, NFPA, NICET, NFSA, AFSA, FSSA)
- Promote proper application of smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association (NBFAA)
As a fire alarm association, they represent, promote, and support the fire alarm industry through a federation of chapters, empowering members to grow their businesses. They deliver five mission components for the benefits of its members, consumers and public safety.
- Government Relations
- Industry Affairs
- Education and Training
- Public Relations
- Codes and Standards
It addition to positively impacting our members businesses through our focus on these five mission components, our staff and leaders are dedicated to providing value to our members by networking opportunities, communication services and discount programs.